We are living in a time when men and women are living to a greater age than ever before. With a focus on looking youthful it’s important to know what has worked for your skin at 20 just won’t do at 40 – and by the time you hit 60, almost every woman needs a richer, more hydrating regime to combat the dryness that goes hand-in-hand with aging.
Skin365 has been in practice for over 16 years and can honestly say our clients that look their best are the ones that consistently stick to their skin care routine morning and night. Get beyond basic skin care by adding monthly skin care treatments with our Skin Care Specialist, Lisa. have completed a series of micro-needling and stay on schedule with their cosmetic injections. Never overdoing it, simply injecting the right product at the right time with consistency.
Saving face at any age begins with a few basic musts:
- Consistent Home Routine – Environ, SkinCeuticals, Teoxane or Obagi morning and night.
- Daily Sun Protection – Use a minimum spf 30 and maximum spf 50.
- Vitamin A – The gold standard for reducing fine lines, stimulating collagen, and treating acne.
- Antioxidant – A must! Protects and improves the health and appearance of skin. Apply Environ skin care products, rich in vitamin A, C, and E every morning and night.
- In office treatments – Micro-Needling, Vitamin Infusion Treatments, medical-grade peels, IPL/Photofacial, CO2 laser resurfacing, Botox® Cosmetic, wrinkle fillers and collagen stimulators.
In our 20′s, time at the beach or under the sun may have already caused freckling, pigmentation and fine lines most obviously around the eyes. Our main focus at this age should be on damage prevention. Skin changes and damage may begin below the skin surface, but do not show yet. The most simple task to care for your skin is washing it. Forgetting to wash your face before bed can lead to clogged pores and break outs. Pre-Cleansing with oil is proving very beneficial too. Lack of sleep, too much alcohol and smoking can dull the complexion. Serious sunburn sets the stage for serious problems related to skin cancer in your future.
Botox®, Dysport® and Wrinkle fillers are FDA approved for 18 years and older. If you want Botox® to become part of your arsenal, then the best time to start is when the lines in your face are minimally visible. Once wrinkles are deep, Botox® can help soften them, but it won’t eliminate them. A wrinkle that sticks around too long can become etched. Etching is not easy to remove and will take time and money. Lesson learned in your 20’s? Stop etching before it develops by injecting low dose Botox and light fillers.